Nothing like a good old green soup to make you feel like you are on the right path towards bettering your health!
This is a fantastic and simple recipe with an easy creamy twist…what is it? Keep reading to find out! Okay, I fold – – – It’s TAHINI !
Broccoli – Spinach Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnishing
- 1 leek, both white and green parts thinly sliced
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 bunch organic broccoli, chopped
- 6 ounces organic spinach
- 2 tablespoons tahini – I use Rejuvenative
- Himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/4 cup sprouts – I used radish sprouts
- 1 lemon, cut in to wedges for garnishing
- 4 slices of toasted rustic bread – I prefer to support local varieties or farmer’s markets
*** Use gluten free bread if you are intolerant.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high temperature.
- Add the leek and cook until it is tender – approximately 4 minutes.
- Add filtered water and bring to a boil.
- Cook broccoli in the stock and cover until fully green in hue – approximately 2 minutes.
- Once removed from heat, stir in the spinach and tahini. Cool slightly and season with salt and pepper.
- In your high powered blender, whip up your concoction until the consistency it to your preference – smooth or chunky…
- Top your toasted bread with sliced avocado, sprouts with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon! – – – don’t forget your salt and pepper for a PUNCH!
Keep on going my little “honesters”, remember to recreate the recipes to YOUR perfection! I cannot wait to see what you post on our Instagram @justbeinhonestkb — don’t forget to tag us!
#justbeinhonest #justbeinhonestkb #honester2017 #7daysofeatinghonestly