Vegan + Gluten Free + Protein Packed… sooo, what’s NOT to love?!
Often at times I find myself, well…. Let’s just say I find myself holding my emotional outbursts back when someone tells me that they don’t eat breakfast – – – You know who you are…JUST BEIN’ HONEST!
Didn’t your mama tell you?! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so don’t be a fooooool! It’s true. Did you know that eating breakfast can increase your resting metabolic rate by 10 percent?! It’s the “VROOOOOOOOM” in your Ferrari loves, so rev that engine!
I created a HEALTHY and simply quick recipe for you to eat on the run. No excuses. Excuses = Self-sabotage ; ) Go ahead and love yourself.
Simply Seedy Granola Bars
- 1 1/2 cups extra-thick rolled oats – I use Gluten Free oats from Bob’s Red Mill
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 heaping – smash those babies in! – cup Turkish figs
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds – I lightly toast before mixing
- 2 tbsp flax seeds – I used whole brown seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup – Select the highest grade possible
- 1/4 cup creamy organic nut butter of choice
- Himalayan sea salt for garnish
- Toast your oats and nuts in oven at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until perfectly golden.
- Process figs in a food processor until only small remnants remain – dough consistency, mine was naturally rolled in to a ball = PERFECTO!
- Throw the toasted oats, nuts and fig ball in a large mixing bowl, add the sunflower, chia, hemp and flax seeds and set aside.
- Slowly warm syrup and nut butter in a small saucepan. Stir slowly and pour over the oat + nut + fig mixture. Combine the ingredients thoroughly – I dig in with my hands, makes it FUN and FUN-tional ; ) AND, natural hand exfoliant!
- Move mixture to an large square pan (8×8) and line with parchment paper.
- Cover the mixture with an additional layer of parchment paper and press firmly with a flat weighted item – books help!
- Once packed tightly in the pan, chill in the fridge or freezer for up to 20 minutes, or until hard.
- Slice up the bars and chomp away! Be certain to store in an airtight container – I keep in freezer to keep them fresh, fresh, FRESH!
I HAVE to point out that this is a seriously simple recipe. I have to admit, at times I don’t have a ton of patience for waiting on “Baked Goods” to be at the peak of perfection, so my non-baked bar is a no nonsense meal on the GO! So sweethearts, I want NO NONSENSE coming out of your mouth any longer about how you didn’t have time for breakfast.
…Just Bein’ Honest… True Food for Thought.