When it comes to pickling, fermenting, even waiting for water to simply boil for my beloved TEA… I have little patience. I know, I know, I really should breathe in the virtuous state of bliss and anticipation of the treasure that is to be withheld – but I… I just can’t (I’m learning, I promise).
What a perfect time of year to present to you my easy and quite quick to make pickles. It seems as though these days you can find a pickle flavored, ANYTHING – see image below – makes me want to vomit a little bit, just a little bit, BLEH!
The 4th of July is coming up next week, one week to be exact! So, instead of plopping off to a local grocer to purchase some preservative filled and overly flimsy condiment that is left to sit in the back of the fridge until next year – make these!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar (I choose ACV for a little more bite and flair!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pink Himalayan sea salt OR truffle salt (Super fancy, but a REALLLY artisanal kick)
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 slices of fresh ginger root (1 inch in length approximately)
- 6 large sprigs fresh dill
- 1 bay leaf
- (optional) 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more/less to taste
- Either 1 large hothouse cucumber cut to small disks or Persian cucumbers cut to spears
- Add water, vinegar, sea salt, peppercorns, garlic, ginger root, dill and bay leaf to a large cleaned mason jar (16 oz to start).
- Add the sliced / speared cucumbers to the jar. Then place the lid on jar tightly to shake all ingredients to mix well.
- Set in refrigerator for at least 2 days. The longer you set aside the sweeter the concoction will be. Best eat fully as soon as you are able to. Will keep super fresh – I mean at its freshest up to one week.
*N O T E : Do not use iodized table salt for this recipe – Just… No. ; )
What’s your favorite way to you a pickled item? How are you celebrating this holiday season?
OH OH OH – Bread and Butter Pickles OR Dill Pickles?!?!?!?!?!!!!
4TH OF JULY!!!
I challenge you to take control of your health. Are you ready to accept this challenge? If the answer is “YES” – I’d love to hear what your personal goals are… Please share with me, and I will help you achieve them!
⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
- Are you seeking more personalized guidance to reach your health goals? Book a time to CHAT! I cannot wait to meet you!
- Right here, click click click: Book a time to Chat!