As many of us take that 2nd or 3rd scoop of ice cream, sip a little more mojito than we usually indulge in on or perhaps take on a hot dog eating challenge – we must realize that the 4th of July holiday celebrations will come and … Go. You may actually be “GO-ing” to the bathroom as a result to this feast that your insides are not adequately prepared for.
You may have a post-traumatic reaction of, “WHAT THE F…?!” Don’t fret too much, you just have a little L E A K Y . G U T situation on your hands. Ugh. Ewww. Splat.
What is LEAKY GUT?
Best known as “Intestinal Permeability,”- LG, is a condition in which the lining of the small intestine becomes damaged, causing undigested food particles, toxic waste products and bacteria to “leak” through the intestines and flood the blood stream.
You may be left with loose stools, constipation, bloating, rashes and other uncomfortable cognitive conditions. MEGA UNCOMFORTABLE!!!
With leaky gut, the first step is to identify and remove the source of gut-lining irritation, rather than attempting to suppress its symptoms with drugs. Makes sense right?!
- ELIMINATION DIET: Try to remove sugar, dairy, gluten, soy and anything with a chemical additive (processed foods). Attempt this for at least two weeks and take note of your body’s reaction to this change.
- JOURNAL: Write down what you are eating and how you are feeling. ALSO, write down how you feel emotionally with those particular cravings. – Did you know that parasites (Even WORMS!) thrive on sugar?!!?! Take note of this if you are getting a particularly extreme sweet tooth!
- REMOVE ALCOHOL + MEDS: The more intentional love and comfort you can provide, the faster your intestinal lining can mend itself! – Did you know that common over the counter medications blow “holes” in your gut’s lining?! EEEEEKS!
- FILL UP WITH REAL FOOD: Anti-inflammatory foods are going to be your best friend. Strive to pick up pure ingredients that are free from pesticides and any residue from ill production. My recommendations for natural (BLOAT FREE) intestinal cleansers include : LEAFY GREENS, TURMERIC, CUCUMBERS, GINGERROOT, SEAWEED (raw + not covered or roasted in oil and salt), FENNEL.
- BUILD YOUR BIOME: After elimination, it’s best to create a habitat that is efficient on digestion. Digestive Enzymes will be your friend to break food into component parts: carbs, fats, and proteins. In a leaky gut, enzyme support is crucial to healing and rebuilding villi for adequate flow. Add in a probiotic + fish oil to reduce inflammation and restore the gut’s lining and intestinal flora. I am a fan to using MegaSporeBiotics – a proven probiotic that halts the growth of unwanted bacteria and yeast, while strengthening the immune response and producing essential nutrients at the site of absorption – to special order this product, please inquire with myself.
- PRACTICE MINDFULNESS + CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AWARENESS: When your “fight our flight” reactors are on high, you are bound to have much more inflammation within your tissues. When this occurs, proper digestion is at stake – hence… “leaky gut”. I practice meditation, breathing exercises, yoga / tai chi, exercise daily and self-care. I also reset my “CNS” by using the cold chamber (CRYOTHERAPY) at US CRYOTHERAPY. My moods are calmer, my anxiety is reduced and my cortisol is way down. Plus, my skin is glowing!!!
Have a question – I am here to Answer!
Please E-MAIL me at Katherine@JustBeinHonest.com
I challenge you to take control of your health. Are you ready to accept this challenge? If the answer is “YES” – I’d love to hear what your personal goals are… Please share with me, and I will help you achieve them!
⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓
- Are you seeking more personalized guidance to reach your health goals? Book a time to CHAT! I cannot wait to meet you!
- Right here, click click click: Book a time to Chat!